Hiker Public Profile
It was a thing comin' out of the sky... a one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater....sure looked strange to see. Eatin' purple people sure seems fine to me but that's not the reason I came to land. I wanna join a rock 'n' roll band.
Organizer for These Hiking Groups
- This member has not created any hiking groups.
Member of These Hiking Groups
- Weekday hiking on the San Francisco peninsula
- Group description: This is for our private group
Hikes attended by Peg
- Tuesday hike
- Hike description: Meet 10am Edgewood P&R near, 10am Homestead Square shopping center Cupertino, 10:15 Page Mill P&R, or 10:30 at Orchard Glen picnic area in the park.\r\n\r\nWater and restrooms at the start.\r\n \r\npark map: http://www.cityofpaloalto.org/civica/filebank/blobdload.asp?BlobID=8505\r\n\r\nback to Page Mill & I280 by 3:30.
- Almaden Quicksilver wildflower walk
- Hike description: Wildflower walk This is not a real hike. WE created this entry to test our software
- Lowest Monthly Tide Shipwreck Viewing Hike
- Hike description: This hike is set for a time of just about the lowest tide of the month. We will hike along Lands End in San Francisco and we will be able to see the shipwrecks. Due to popular demand, I will try to schedule this event once every month until people get very bored of it :) We will meet near the sign that says Lands End Trailhead at the bottom of the hill from the museum. There is plenty of street parking near the meeting point. The event and everything else on the site is free, but donations are appreciated.
- San Francisco Hilltop Tour
- Hike description: Great for ALL LEVELS of hiker! A popular favorite, we sample all the great views from San Francisco's central hills. Hikers are encouraged to do any portion of the hike, stopping to do other city-things when they've had enough, or catching a bus or calling a cab--you can even join us along the way if you call and track us down en route. The entire loop is 13 miles and goes from Bernal Hill to Holly Park, Glen Canyon, Mount Davidson, Twin Peaks, Tank Hill, Monument Hill, the Vulcan and Saturn Steps, Corona Heights with the Castro, Dolores Park and the wild murals of Clarion Alley on the way back to Bernal. This will be the fourth time Mike has led this hike. The route is similar to this: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Ellsworth+St&daddr=Unknown+road+to:Esmeralda+Ave+to:Elsie+St+to:Unknown+road+to:37.74304,-122.44537+to:37.7454984,-122.4463794+to:37.74606,-122.44726+to:37.746284,-122.4433892+to:37.7469013,-122.4450711+to:Portola+Dr+to:37.738394,-122.453243+to:Twin+P...
- Window Rock Trail in Utah
- Hike description: VP hikers, This Sunday Bruce is leading you up to Window Rock, in the Corner Canyon area above Draper. There will be some light bush whacking for 1 mile and possible mudd/snow on the trail. WEATHER ISSUES: If we need to cancel the hike due to the weather. I will email you by 8:30 AM Sunday, so check your mail before you leave for the parking area. DOGS: Sorry, NO Dogs allowed. LENGTH: About 7 miles DIFFICULTY: Moderate ELEVATION GAIN: About 1,500 feet LUNCH WITH A VIEW: Don't forget to bring one. MEETING TIME: We will leave the parking lot at 9:30 AM (7200 South meeting area). Come 15 minutes early to socialize. FIRST MEETING PLACE: Meeting at 7200 South and I-15 freeway. If you are heading south on I-15, take the 7200 South Exit. At the light turn left (east), make a quick right onto the Frontage Road. The Frontage Road is between 1-15 and McDonald's. From 7200 South, we get on I-15, drive south and meet up with the rest at Billard Equestrian Center in Drap...
- Short hike at Santa Teresa County Park
- Hike description: Short hike up the hill and back. The sun will be just rising, the air will be fresh and views gorgeous. Early morning is the best time to see wildlife. Dogs on leash are OK.
- Stairs, Coit Tower and Rogue Ale, Oh MY!
- Hike description: We will meet outside in front of Gott's Restaurant at the Ferry Building. We will then proceed along the Embarcadero to the Filbert Steps, the stairs are impressive for their length, their wonderful views of San Francisco, the well tended gardens on either side, and the beautiful art deco buildings along the way. One of the most spectacular buildings features three-story high reliefs of San Francisco. Nearby are the equally amazing Greenwich Street Stairs too! Afterwards, we will check out the murals at Coit Tower. We will then proceed into North Beach to the Rogue Ale Brewery for our reward ~ and of course to catch the end of the 49ers vs Saints football game!!!!!
- Let's get lost in the Presidio then have a pbr and play skee ball
- Hike description: Let's wander around the Presidio through Ecology Trail towards the Palace of Fine Arts and Chrissy Field then return back through the Presidio and end at the Buckshot on Geary for Skee Ball and PBRs.
- ROCK PAPER SCISSORS TOURNAMENT PUB CRAWL - WIN $100 BAR TAB
- Hike description: FREE Pub Crawl! FREE to enter Rock Paper Scissors Tournament!
PRIZE: Tournament champion wins $100 bar tab!
DRINK SPECIAL: Get drink tix at the start of the pub crawl valid
for $3.50 premium beers/wells at all bars.
DRESS TO COMPETE: Prizes for best athletic wear.
--> Compete in Rock Paper Scissors tournament qualifying rounds
while moving from bar to bar. Meet new people while earning points
to compete in the finals at the last bar.
--> Top players from qualifying rounds plus several wild card players
compete at the final bar. Champion receives $100 in bar tabs!
--> Soul/Funk/Old School Dance Party following tournament.
'Like' us on Facebook *and* RSVP you're attending and receive
a '2ND CHANCE' game card - used to replay a game if you lose!
This will get you one step closer to the prize!
Hikes Led by Peg
- This member did not lead any hikes.
50 Parks Near User Location
- USS San Francisco Memorial
- Sutro Heights Park
- Queen Wilhelmina Tulip Garden
- Cabrillo Playground
- Bercut Equitation Field
- Lands End National Recreation Area
- James D Phelan Beach State Park
- Fulton Playground
- Rochambeau Playground
- Baker Beach State Park
- Argonne Playground
- Richmond Playground
- George Washington Bicentennial Grove
- Sunset Recreation Center
- Sunset Playground
- Strawberry Hill
- Rob Hill
- Redwood Memorial Grove
- The Presidio
- Mountain Lake Park
- Japanese Tea Garden
- Strybing Arboretum
- Music Concourse
- Shakespeare Garden
- Arguello Park
- Grand View Park
- Presidio Hill
- South Sunset Playground
- Marin Headlands State Park
- Mount Coppin Square
- Rossi Playground
- Hawk Hill
- Sunset Heights Park
- Kezar Stadium
- Golden Gate Park
- Murphy Playground
- Pine Lake Park
- Kahn Playground
- Lone Mountain
- Larsen Park
- Sutro Forest
- Mount Sutro
- Ignatius Heights
- Laurel Hill Playground
- Sigmund Stern Recreation Grove
- Gerbode Valley
- Presidio Heights Playground
- Grattan Playground
- Midtown Terrace Recreation Center
Cities To Hike Nearby
- Fort Winfield Scott
- San Francisco
- Daly City
- Marin City
- Financial District
- Broadmoor Village
- Muir Beach
- Tamalpais-Homestead Valley
- Tamalpais Valley Junction
- Tamalpais Valley
- Harbor Point
- Fort McDowell
Upcoming Hikes Near Member Location
Hiking Wardrobe Tips